The 15th Africa Scout Conference is a meeting of leaders from the ( 37) NSO/NSA in the Africa Region which comes together every three years under a theme to discuss, brainstorm and come out with plans, policies toward the next triennium.
At the last conference, held in Accra, Ghana(2009), the Angola Scout Association was chosen to host this year’s conference which was held from the 6TH -9TH June 2012 in Luanda under the theme “ Scouting, a vehicle for Development in Africa”.
In attendance from Ghana were the Chief Commissioner and the Executive Commissioner, also in attendance were 29 other NSO/NSA including Ghana. The chairman and members of the World Scout Committee, Secretary General of WOSM and staff, Regional Director of ARO and his staff, as well as the Chairperson, and members of the Africa Scout Committee. We also had partners from Canada, Slovenia, Japan, Korea, Finland, SGS and NEPARC.
In all, it was a very important exercise as several issues were discussed and key steps taken towards the achievement of WOSM strategic priorities of the next triennium;
- Our Strategic Path: Towards 2015 and Beyond
- Youth For Change: Youth involvement and increasing opportunities for youth leadership
- 21st Century Leadership: Improving our Working Methods
- Global Support: Mobilizing Resources for Better Service Delivery
- Messengers of Peace Programme: Strengthening the network
The events ended with the basic principle of making friends and building networks. The next Conference is slated for 2015 in Mauritius.
See you there!